Computer Technician (CompTIA A+)
This course is designed to help you prepare to earn your CompTIA A+ credential by passing both required certification exams (220-1101 & 220-1102). Essential exam topics covered include various computer hardware and software aspects, including mobile devices, networking technology, virtualization, cloud computing, security, and operational procedures.
Boost your resume and career by preparing to pass the CompTIA A+ exams (220-1101 & 220-1102) and earn a globally recognized credential demonstrating your IT competence. Obtaining your A+ certification will open doors to entry-level IT jobs such as technical support specialists, help desk technicians, or field service technicians.
Our comprehensive CompTIA A+ course offers a thorough overview of the basic concepts around multiple operating systems, enabling you to efficiently maintain and troubleshoot various operating systems. The CompTIA A+ certification is vendor-neutral and adaptable to different technology platforms, providing a solid foundation to pursue specialized certifications.
You will become equipped with the skills to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot common software, hardware, and connectivity issues. With this employer-desired expertise, you will be an indispensable asset in any organization as you ensure smooth system operations and handle any technical challenges that arise.
The A+ certification course also covers network fundamentals, providing you with a solid foundation in networking concepts, protocols, and troubleshooting techniques. This knowledge will enable you to effectively manage network infrastructure, enhance connectivity, and contribute to efficient communication within organizations.
Furthermore, you will gain practical experience in assembling and disassembling multiple computer parts, honing your skills in computer hardware. The in-depth training enables you to become proficient in building and maintaining computer systems, giving you a competitive edge in the job market.
Upon successful completion of the lessons and exercises in this bundled certification program, you will be well-prepared to take CompTIA's A+ certification exams. You will receive an exam voucher for each certification exam, which covers the cost to sit for the certifying exams upon eligibility.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- Labs included in this program are not supported on mobile devices (i.e., phones and tablets).
- Please note that a Windows environment is required to complete some course assignments.
- PC: Windows 10 or later. Access to Windows 11 is needed for the textbook module "Installing Windows"
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Chromebook 113 or later
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word. To complete your assignments, you may need Microsoft Word 2003 or higher, or an equivalent word-processing program, such as OpenOffice, which is available to download for free.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.)
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The textbook for the A+ course is accessed via links in the course lessons.
- CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
There are no prerequisites to enroll in this course. However, you should have basic knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems—for example, how to power up and log on to a machine, how to use a mouse and keyboard, and basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills.
This course is for you if you're interested in pursuing a career in information technology, specifically related to PC technology. This course will prepare you to obtain a CompTIA A+ Certification designation.
Although there are no prerequisites to enroll in the course, CompTIA recommends all A+ exam applicants have up to 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field before taking the certification exam.
Disclosure: In partnership with Jefferson Community College, this program will be fully delivered by Education To Go (Ed2Go). Ed2Go is headquartered at P.O. Box 760, Temecula, CA 92593. There are no additional costs students are expected to incur as a result of enrolling in the educational program.