Winery Management and Marketing Concentration, HAT AAS
Winery Management and Marketing Concentration, Hospitality and Tourism AAS
- Program Type: Career
- Delivery: On-campus
- Personal Interests: Management, wine making, food and dining, management
- Skill Building: Leadership, organization, communication, event planning
- Career Options: Winery operations & management, catering, tourism
- Program Code: HEGIS 5011.10
Prepare for your management career in the winery industry
The Winery Management and Marketing Concentration, Hospitality & Tourism A.A.S. degree at Jefferson lets you choose a concentration in the hospitality and tourism arena. You’ll take classes in wine operations, business, event management, and learn from wine professionals in the area.
Graduate ready for some of the best jobs in local and national wineries.
You must demonstrate ability to acquire the skills and knowledge required for successful completion of courses and meet skills expected of a hospitality industry professional. Please review the hospitality and tourism program guidelines, which outline these skills.
This program offers:
- Hands-on practice in real-world settings
- Networking opportunities with winery owners and marketers
- Fundamental skills and training for a fulfilling career after graduation
- Classes in human resources, marketing, and management
Supervise in a service industry
Graduates from Jefferson’s Winery Management and Marketing program have job opportunities in a growing industry. You may find work as a winery manager, tasting room manager, winemaker, and more.
Jefferson’s program is designed for maximum access to the best jobs in the industry. Our graduates are positioned to compete with grads from four-year schools.
Learn to operate a winery
When you complete the Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. degree with a concentration in winery marketing and management you will be able to:
- Understand how to develop an effective business model for a winery operation
- Develop skills to operate a winery from grape variety to layout for a vineyard
- Realize aesthetic considerations and technical process of wine making
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of varietals of wine around the world and their unique characteristics, styles, food pairings, and service
Contact Enrollment Services for Application and Admissions Information
(315) 786-2437, fax (315) 786-2349 or toll free (888) 435-6522
9:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m. Monday—Thursday
Extended hours on Tuesday evenings until 7:00 p.m
9:00 a.m.— 4:00 p.m. Friday
Put your degree to work or transfer to a four-year school
Jefferson’s program prepares graduates to enter the workforce. However, about a third of our graduates opt to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
Jefferson has formal agreements in place with the following institutions to help students transfer smoothly:
- SUNY Cobleskill, Agriculture Business Management, B.T.
- SUNY Cobleskill, Food Systems and Technology B.T.
- Franklin University, Applied Management, B.S.
- Paul Smith’s College, Hotel, Resort and Tourism Management, B.S.
- SUNY Empire State College, Business Management, B.S.
Degree requirements for Winery Management & Marketing Concentration, Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S.
Effective Fall 2018
|Winery Management and Marketing Requirements (11 credit hours)
|HOS/WIN 154: Viticulture||2|
|HOS/WIN 155: Enology||3|
|HRM 152: Wine Selection and Appreciation||3|
|WIN Elective or AGB Elective or CUL Elective
|Hospitality & Tourism Requirements (16 credit hours)
|AGB 109: Survey of Horticulture||2|
|AGB 111: Survey of Agri-Business Technologies||1|
|CUL 130: Sanitation and Safety||1|
|HOS 101: Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
|HOS 251: Event Management
|HOS 276: Hospitality Intership or Business Elective1
|HRM 240: Food and Beverage Management||3|
|Business Requirements (6 credit hours)||Credit Hours|
|BUS 124: Marketing or
AGB 207: Marketing and Sales of Agricultural Products
|BUS 221: Human Resource Management||3|
|Liberal Arts Requirements (21 Credit Hours)||Credit Hours|
|ENG 101: Research and Composition||3|
|Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Science or Lab Science Elective||3|
|Social Science Elective||3|
|Free Elective Requirements (6 credit hours)||Credit Hours|
Total Credit Hours 60
|1Business Elective (selected from ACC, BUS, CIS, ECO, HOS, HRM)|
|2MTH elective must be college level MTH of at least 3 credits.|