Transfer Students
SUNY Jefferson
Schedule an Admissions Appointment

Transfer Students

If you who have attended another college and wish to transfer credits to Jefferson please follow the same application procedures as a new student to be accepted.

You must request your official college transcript be sent to the College admissions office. High school transcripts are also required unless you have completed either a recognized associate or bachelor’s degree. Specific programs may still require your high school transcripts and if that is the case you will be notified.

Your college transcripts are evaluated once you are admitted to Jefferson. Upon admission, the transcripts are reviewed by an evaluator who is trained to assign appropriate credit. You will be notified once the evaluation is complete via your Jefferson email account and instructions will be provided for viewing the evaluation and credit. Only coursework with a grade of “C” or above is eligible for transfer credit.

Earn your Jefferson degree

To earn a degree or certificate at Jefferson, a minimum of 50% of the required coursework must be completed through Jefferson Community College. If you are applying for admission with advanced standing  you must have an official transcript sent to Enrollment Service. Once admitted (matriculated), the transcript will be evaluated for credit. Transfer credit will not be used in calculation of the student grade point average.

See Transfer Credit Evaluation policies.

Military Service School

Military Service School educational achievements and experiences can be accepted for admission with advanced standing in either required or elective areas. Military transcripts must be submitted for evaluation to the Admissions Office. Once admitted to a degree program the transcript will be evaluated for credit.

Credit by Examination

College credit may be granted under several examination programs. You may submit scores from:

  • The Regents College Examination of the State University of New York
  • The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) of the College Board
  • Advance Placement (AP) exams of the College Board

Score reports from tests administered at the high school must be forwarded to Enrollment Services.

Student Success Services at Jefferson administers CLEP testing on a monthly basis.


Enrollment Services
(315) 786-2437
Jules Center, building 6, suite 6-010

Office Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.